Tìm hiểu thêm về Bảng PCB linh hoạt2020-07-11
What You Need to Know About Flexible PCB
Flexible PCB board industry
A flexible pcb board actually uses a flexible laminate. The raw materials and properties of the laminate are not only crucial for its manufacturing process, but also for the performance of the finished circuit. The flexible laminate consists of a conductive film and dielectric substrates.
It is an essential device for almost all industries, and even a small defect can be a big loss. The perfect instance of the circuit board is the motherboard, the controller card, the interface card, and the list goes on. Today, these electronic devices have created a special niche on the market. With the growing demand for these innovative devices, various manufacturers have also offered flexible circuit boards, circuit boards, and a number of other accessories.
The manufacturers involved in the formulation of these cards also take into account the specific requirements of their customers and potential customers, so that the PCB design contains all the necessary parameters. Due to compliance with all quality standards and safety notices, most circuit board manufacturing units have also been recognized by the local authorities for their respective work. For extremely thin cables, light circles, and the above-mentioned main boards, etc., flexible circuit boards are very useful for them.
With the ever faster use of electronic devices and applications, the requirements for printed circuit boards for safe and problem-free work have risen to a high level. And now, not only the industry but also households are aware of the importance of printed circuit boards and flexibility. Nowadays, most manufacturers and suppliers have offered the opportunity to offer them online. When it comes to receiving both printed circuit boards and flexible pcb board, you can also place your order online in a selected online shop.
There are two types of dielectric substances used for flexible printed circuits board:
A) Thermoplastics: materials such as polymers, polyesters, fluorinated hydrocarbons, etc., which soften when heated by the application of heat.
B) Thermosets: materials such as polyimide, polyacrylate, etc.
Now let’s look at the copper material copper, as the conductor is used frequently and is in sheet form, while almost all flexible pcb board are built on a polyimide or polyester film. Aramid and fluorocarbon films are also used for certain specific applications.
The choice of a particular film depends on a number of factors. These are listed below.
- Cheaper or cheaper flexible circuits are based on polyester films that offer performance at a lower cost but with a reduction in thermal resistance.
- Very powerful flexible circuit boards, especially for military applications, are made with polyimide films because they offer the best overall performance.
- The aramid fleece fiber material is not expensive and also has good mechanical and electrical properties. The problem, however, is that this material absorbs moisture.
- Fluorocarbons are an expensive material and also very difficult to handle, but they offer the best dielectric properties. This material is mainly used for applications with regulated impedance.
In terms of application, the choice of the common material for the flexible circuits is a polyimide film. This is due to the average performance and the cost factor of the chemical properties as well as the electrical and thermal performance. This material can even withstand temperatures during the manufacture of welding processes. The material is also used for wire insulation and as insulation in motors and transformers.
Why are flexible circuits necessary?
Most of the PCBs from yesterday were rigid. In this modern era of mobile technology, in which everyone is approaching miniaturization, there was a need for light, flexible, thin, small, and high-density printed circuit boards. In order to meet these requirements, flexible printed circuit boards have been invented. These are printed circuit boards that can be wired in three dimensions and adapted to the space available.
What are flexible circuits?
Flexible printed circuit board consists of a flexible pcb board, on the wiring provided by the flexible printed circuit board and connection pads, which are conductive by the wiring provided on the edge of the printed circuit board. Flexible. A copper foil is laminated on the layers on a resin substrate and bonded to an integral plate with an adhesive or using heat and pressure. There may be more than one conductive layer for making circuits on both sides. There are insulating layers, adhesive layers, and encapsulation layers between the conductive layers to provide adequate insulation. The plastic substrate of flexible printed circuit boards is made of polyimide or a thermoplastic material similar to polyetherimide.
The substrate is then coated with an adhesive and contains a cable with several integrated electrically conductive lines. Openings for electrical connection to other electronic components can be formed in one of the insulating layers. The electronic devices are then connected to each other. In general, their front and rear faces are covered with insulating layers to prevent a wiring diagram from being routed to another wiring diagram formed on another printed circuit board.
Six basic DIY flexible PCB levels
- Take thin polyimide plates coated with copper on both sides. Cut the sheet to the desired size. Make sure the copper is not stained, and the edges of the sheet are not uneven, as this may damage the printer later.
- Take a solid ink printer that prints in melted wax. The wax forms a layer on the copper, which then protects it during etching.
- Use CAD (computer-aided design) software to draw a diagram of your circuit.
- Use the printer to print this pattern on polyimide film. The printed areas are represented by traces of copper. Use dark and easily recognizable colors such as black or magenta.
- Soak the printed polyimide film in iron chloride. We are now in the etching stage, where iron chloride is a copper etchant. It can take up to half an hour for the traces of copper to dissolve and for the polyimide to become visible.
- The circuit is now ready to be assembled. You can cut it into smaller circuits if necessary or use it as is. Holes are drilled with a laser to assemble electronic components. The circuit is now ready to be soldered.
Flexible printed circuit boards are easy to manufacture and versatile. Demanding devices, however, require high quality printed circuit boards that last a long time. The right material, the right drill, and technical know-how make the difference. Therefore, entrust the work to an expert.