Single Layer PCB:Single Printed Circuit Board2020-10-17
Understanding More about Single Layer PCB
Before you decide to go in for a printed circuit board or PCB, there are a few things that you must bear in mind. To begin with you will have to take the crucial decision whether you will be using a single-layer or multi-layer PCB. Both these design types are unique in their own ways and have their respective applications. You will have to decide on the right type of PCB taking into account your specific needs and requirements. The suitability would depend on the purpose for which you will be using the PCB. Based on your needs, you will have to choose between a multilayer and a SINGLE LAYER PCB OEM. As a rule of the thumb, there are a few things that you must bear in mind as an end user. If you are planning to use complex devices, then multilayer boards are a better option. However, if your requirements are simple, then a single layer PCB could be a better choice and more cost effective. In this article, we will try and find out the differences between multiple layer PCB and single layer ones so that as an end user you can decide to buy the right one taking into account your specific needs and requirements.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO?
The basic difference between the single layer and multilayer PCB is not too difficult to understand. Single layer boards just have one layer of material and they are also known as substrate. On the other hand multilayer PCBs have multiple layers of materials. They also have a layer of substrates. However, the difference is because they have an additional layer mostly of conducive metal. These are fixed on both sides of the substrate. Further, the components and circuits on different sides of the board are connected mostly by using two methods. The first is through holes. These are basically small holes that are drilled into the board. The wires are then soldered to the correct components.
Surface mounts are slightly different types of PCBs that make use of leads that are directly soldered to the board. In fact the board becomes the wiring surface as far as the components are concerned. These allow the circuits to consume less space while accommodating a number of components.
Apart from the above you could also go in for multi-layer PCB that are basically made of either three or more number of doubled sided boards. In fact, theoretically, if you decide to choose multilayer PCBs you can come up with as many boards as you possibly can think of. According to some news articles, there was a multilayer board that was almost 129 layers thick. Usually even numbered multilayer boards are chosen because they will cause problems such as twisting or warping once the soldering has been completed.
ADVANTAGES OF SINGLE-LAYER PCBS
Rõ ràng là có một số lợi thế của PCBs so với các loại bảng khác. Tuy nhiên, điều này sẽ phụ thuộc vào mục đích sử dụng cuối cùng của bạn và mục tiêu chính mà bạn định sử dụng các PCB lớp đơn này.
* HỌ ĐẾN VỚI CHI PHÍ THẤP HƠN. CÔNG NGHỆ LIÊN QUAN ĐẾN BẰNG PCBS DUY NHẤT LÀ ĐƠN GIẢN, KHI SO VỚI PCBS NHIỀU LỚP HOẶC ĐÔI. HỌ CŨNG YÊU CẦU NHIỀU NGUỒN LỰC VÀ ÍT THÍ NGHIỆM VÀ ÍT THỜI GIAN CŨNG CẦN CHO VIỆC SẢN XUẤT VÀ THIẾT KẾ. HỌ CŨNG HIỆU QUẢ HƠN CHI PHÍ. CÔNG NGHỆ CHO PHÉP SỬ DỤNG MỘT BAN ĐƠN GIẢN MÀ KHÔNG CÓ SỰ CỐ GẮNG VỀ CHẤT LƯỢNG CŨNG NHƯ HIỆU SUẤT. RẤT NHIỀU NGƯỜI ĐI ĐẾN DUY NHẤT PCBS VÀ OEM VÌ NHỮNG THUẬN LỢI VỀ CHI PHÍ LIÊN KẾT VỚI NÓ.
* SẢN XUẤT VÀ THIẾT KẾ ĐƠN GIẢN HƠN: KHI BẠN QUYẾT ĐỊNH CHỌN BAN CÓ MẶT ĐƠN, BẠN SẼ KHÔNG BỊ GÓP MẶT BỞI THIẾT KẾ VÀ CÁC LINH KIỆN KHÁC ĐƯỢC GẮN KẾT VỚI BẢNG GẤP ĐÔI HOẶC NHIỀU LỚP. CÁC QUÁ TRÌNH THIẾT KẾ CỦA CHÚNG CÒN ĐƠN GIẢN VÀ DỄ THỰC HIỆN. HƠN THẾ NỮA, BẤT KỲ PCB OEM NÀO SẼ CÓ VỊ TRÍ ĐỂ SẢN XUẤT BẢNG MỘT LỚP VÌ CÔNG NGHỆ ĐƠN GIẢN CỦA CHÚNG.
* XỬ LÝ KHỐI LƯỢNG CAO: BAO GIỜ CÓ NHU CẦU ĐÁP ỨNG KHỐI LƯỢNG CAO TRONG MỘT GIAI ĐOẠN THỜI GIAN CỤ THỂ, BẠN LUÔN CÓ THỂ TIN TƯỞNG VÀO PCB MỘT LỚP. BẢNG GIÁ MỖI BẢNG SẼ XUỐNG TẢI TRỌNG KÍN VÀ BẠN VỪA NHẬN ĐƯỢC GIÁ TRỊ TỐT HƠN CHO TIỀN.
* BẠN CŨNG SẼ CÓ THỂ MANG LẠI THỜI GIAN DẪN ĐẦU VÌ SỰ ĐƠN GIẢN CỦA CÔNG NGHỆ VÀ TỐC ĐỘ MÀ CÁC BẢNG PCB CÓ THỂ ĐƯỢC SỬ DỤNG.
However, there are some disadvantages as far as single layer PCBs are concerned. Though they are cost effective, they may not be the perfect choice for all types of products. Here are some reasons while double-layered PCB or multi-layered PCBs. Here are some shortcomings about single layered PCBs that one should always bear in mind.
* Simple design. While this is considered to be one of the biggest benefits, it also could be a big limitation. When you have more complex devices to work with, then you need more number of connections and components. Single layer PCB simply lacks the power or space to make this possible.
* Low operating capacity and slower speed. The single-layer PCB has a limited number of connections as far as the boards are concerned. This certainly impacts the speed and power negatively. They do not compare well with the multi-layered PCBs that are inherently more powerful and are designed and manufactured for handling higher capacity and greater speed.
* Higher weight and larger size. There are some people who talk about increasing the capability of single sided boards. This can be done better by expanding its dimensions rather than adding one or more layers. Adding layers will make the PCB board heavier and the increase in weight may not be commensurate with the benefits and advantages that it offers to you as an end user.
HOW TO WEIGH THE PROS AND CONS
You will have to determine whether a single layer or multilayer PCB is the right one for you. This would depend on the overall requirements of your projects. You have to do the right research and find out whether the single-sided boards do come with the kind of capabilities that you may expect of them. If you are working with simple devices, single layer PCB could be a much better option. However, if you have more complex projects, then single layer PCBs may not be the right choice for you.
PHẦN KẾT LUẬN
At the end of it all, there is no doubt that single layer PCBs have their unique advantages and benefits and as the end-user you are the right person to decide as to which option to choose. If you are looking for cost advantage, volumes of specific designs and other such things than single layer PCBs could be the best option when compared to others.