8 Best Ideas of Gold Finger Pcb Manufacturing USA 20222022-02-12
What is Goldfinger?
Gold finger pcb manufacturing USA are gold-plated, narrow connectors on the edge of a printed circuit board (PCB) that make connections between multiple boards or between a secondary PCB and a computer’s motherboard. The reason for using gold for fingers is that gold has high electrical conductivity and corrosion resistance.
The raw material is usually flash gold, sometimes combined with nickel and cobalt to improve wear resistance, as gold fingers need to insert and remove frequently.
Suitable types of gold for the electroplating process
There are two types of gold that are suitable for the electroplating process of gold finger pcb manufacturing USA. However, one is Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold (ENIG). ENIG is cost-effective and easy to solder, yet soft and thin. The other is electroplated hard gold.
This gold is stronger and thicker and more resistant to wear and tear. The electroplating process for gold fingers involves many meticulous steps, which ensure that every PCB in the production line properly configure to transmit the correct signals.
Some design specifications of PCB gold fingers
The design of gold fingers should follow some rules so that they can work properly during the electroplating process. However, if you don’t follow these rules, the PCB may not connect successfully to the motherboard, or the PCB may not fit in the slot on the motherboard.
- The gold finger pcb manufacturing USAshould place outward from the center of the PCB.
- There should be no solder mask or screen printing near the gold finger
- The distance between the gold finger and the PCB outline should be at least 1.0mm.
- It is best not to use plated through holes (PTH) within 1.0mm of the gold finger.
- The thickness of the veneer should be more than 1.0mm.
Application of gold finger pcb manufacturing USA between PCBs
Gold fingers enable communication between two or more PCBs. As a connection point, the functions of the gold finger include conduction and prevent damage during use. Therefore, depending on the designer’s purpose, golden fingers can be uses in many electronic products. Moreover, some typical applications are:
- PCB for memory card reader.
- Devices that communicate with digital signals (smart watches and smartphones).
- Uses as a connector for connecting external components to the PCB.
- Uses as a connector for connecting the daughter board to the computer.
- Use as a special adapter to add a variety of features to your computer.
- Some external devices (such as speakers, scanners and monitors) can add to the computer with a gold finger pcb manufacturing USA.
Location of Gold fingers between sockets on a (PCB)
Gold fingers are gold-plated connecting parts located between sockets on a printed circuit board (PCB). Named for its gold-plated surface and arrangement shaped like fingers. The gold finger has two main functions.
In addition to connecting the PCB and the computer host to ensure that messages or instructions can transmit between the circuit boards, the gold finger can also protect the edge of the circuit board from wear and tear. Moreover, Gold fingers are made of hard gold and electroless nickel gold (ENIG).
Gold plating is commonly found in thicknesses ranging from 3µ” to 50µ”, providing longer-lasting durability of electronic products, effectively extending their lifespan.
The importance of gold finger pcb manufacturing USA
Industrial applications face challenges such as prolonged uninterrupted operation, air pollution, humidity and temperature changes, dust contamination, chemical corrosion, and other potential hazards and external disturbances that affect the reliability of storage equipment.
However, the thick gold-plated interface with gold fingers can increase the number of times of plugging and unplugging of memory devices, Moreover, as to ensure stable operation of industrial machines in task-intensive applications, and achieve outstanding performance, durability and reliability.
In this article, we will explain in detail how to design an electrical schematic up to making a gold finger pcb manufacturing USA PCB using Eagle software.
We are using Eagle software for two reasons:
It is free software, and has a large component library, which can expand by downloading libraries from the Internet or creating your own component files;
The components present in these libraries, in addition to having their symbology, have a simulation of their real size to place on the circuit board.
- Installing Eagle
- To install Eagle, click here and press Download Eagle.
Choose the download according to your operating system.
Be careful when choosing between 32-bit and 64-bit, as it depends on the operating system being uses on your machine. Moreover, Once downloaded, follow the program installation instructions. After finishing, run the program to follow the gold finger pcb manufacturing USA.
Designing the Scheme
Let’s suppose that we want to build the circuit below, a cell phone charger project.
- Electric scheme
- Creating new project
Moreover, to start a new project.
- Open Eagle, click File > New > Schematic
- A blank window will open to draw your schematic.
- Add New Components
- We’ll start by adding a 100uF Electrolytic Condenser.
- Press Edit > Add
A window will open with the list of all components present in the gold finger pcb manufacturing USA. Initially it can be a little complicated to find the elements, but over time it will become intuitive.
- To find the capacitor, click on the rlc tab
- Next, the different symbology’s will present, use the one you prefer.
- Choose Polarized Capacitor and drag the appropriately sized capacitor.
Note that this indicates in the upper right corner of the screen.
Press OK and the component will appear on your wiring diagram. Repeat the process adding all other necessary components:
- 7805 Voltage Regulator (78XXL, on the v-reg tab);
- 1uF Polyester Condenser (C025 – 025×050, on the rlc > C-US tab);
- 5mm LED (LED5MM, in the LED>LED tab);
- Resistance 150 ohms (0204/5, on the rlc > R-US tab);
- USB terminal (PN87520, on the con-berg tab).
Designing the Circuit with gold finger pcb manufacturing USA
With the components added, you should have all components ready to be connected, as in the image below.
Moreover, you must organize the components to make the connections. To drag, use the move tool, and click on the component to be dragged. however, to rotate, use the rotate tool, and click on the component you want to rotate.
Leave the components as follows:
In conclusion, we must trace the circuit connections. Use the Wire tool, click on the component and start drawing the wires. When connecting USB, remember that pin 1 is VCC and pin 4 is GND. Also remember that when adding the +12v and GND symbology. To do this, click Add > Supply1 > +12V and GND.